Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!
Deus Mortuus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SISTER SITES AND DIRECTORIES

Modern Day Alchemists

RPGD Topsites
Top RPG Sites
Latest topics
» Moon Called [JCINK]
Lines of Inquiry EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 am by Guest

» Dav'Ris: A Fantasy World RP
Lines of Inquiry EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 am by Sovay

» Fingers crossed
Lines of Inquiry EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am by Azazel

» Soul Eater DOOD
Lines of Inquiry EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm by Guest

» Ninpocho Chronicles
Lines of Inquiry EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 am by Guest

» Defiance In Truth [LGBT Community In New York]
Lines of Inquiry EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 pm by Guest

» Devil's Dalliance - An Animanga Supernatural RP
Lines of Inquiry EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am by Guest

» Naruto: Tales of the Shinobi
Lines of Inquiry EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 am by Guest

» Four Beats To Madness
Lines of Inquiry EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:32 am by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am
Statistics
We have 228 registered users
The newest registered user is Azazel

Our users have posted a total of 5316 messages in 1471 subjects
OUR AFFILIATION BUTTON
Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.
AFFILIATES
Naruto RPG Saga

Mist and Rain: a multi-Final Fantasy RP
BANNER NAME

Obsidian Butterfly - An Anita Blake/Merry Gentry RPG
The Bleach Society Role-Play
button
Bleach: New Horizon
button
AffiliationsButton_zpsc4c52954.jpg

Alacritis - A Beginner to Advanced Wolf RPG
Deadly Crows: A Non Canon Fairy Tail RP

Prison Break RP
PLAGUED

THE FIRE IS COMING

last minutes & lost evenings

Bleach Platinum Hearts
Eternal Return
PKFN
Crossed Realms
Ungodly Hour
You're Undead To Me
THE KINGDOM OF NIGHTINGALE
THIS IS MY HELL

photobucket

the HAUTE Ton
starstruck

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons Beyond
Heaven's Night

Lines of Inquiry

2 posters

Go down

Lines of Inquiry Empty Lines of Inquiry

Post by Pulean Jangmi Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:01 am

Loews Madison Hotel, DC
January 20th, 2012 - 7:00pm

A soft breeze rustled across the trees of the boulevard, a solitary figure walking calmly with a rather light coat dropped over her shoulders. Others around her hurried down the street, wanting to get home or to the bar and out of the nights chill. Pulean barely felt it to be perfectly honest. Her flowers and gifts from fans had already been deposited at her own hotel elsewhere in the normally bustling capital. She was sporting white boots that zipped up to just below her knee's, the bottom edge of her dress accented with a hint of blue. The dress itself was a pure white, the upper portion of it lost beneath the short white cape, also accented at the bottom with blue. It was pinned closed with a blue rose, the collar extending upwards to hide most of her neck. Her long black hair was partially pulled up into a bun while the rest hung down free in very loose ringlets. Sapphire eyes glinted in the lamp light as she slowed before the Loews Madison Hotel, adjusting her white gloves that extended up to her elbows with the slightest tilt of her head.

There was a reason she had decided to forgo her hotel room for the night despite having had a concert earlier, and a reason why she had left her twin behind. Jinhong would not have necessarily enjoyed the visit or seen the point, preferring to delve into the libraries resources on demonology and the like instead. That was all well and good for that was what she wanted to do and felt comfortable with. Pulean, on the other hand, was more interested in the man that was a guest here from London. His name had been whispered to her down the grapevine, through various connections, and so her curiosity was peaked. What sort of man was he, and was it possible to consider him for future endeavors as a third partner? From the sounds of his intellect, she could guess that Jinhong would appreciate it considering her twin was often left confused about the various things she talked about molecular chemistry and the like.

No, this was more her area of expertise. Striding inside, she flashed a brilliant smile at the receptionist, folding her hands on top of the counter. "Good evening miss, how can I help you?" "Ah yes," Her brows furrowed as if she were puzzled, glancing around before those sapphire eyes locked back on the woman, "I was wondering if you could tell me where Arthur S. Poe was staying. We were supposed to meet earlier." The woman blinked twice and smiled, her eyes showing recognition, "Of course. Are you Pulean Jangmi, the soprano?" The question was asked as her eyes bowed down to watch what she was typing, leaving the Sapphire eyed woman to blush demurely. She was aware of what some paparazzi that managed to discover this might post, but she had backup plans in case they should try to even pursue it. "Yes, I am. I must compliment your pronunciation too."

The receptionist giggled embarrassedly, passing a card with a room number upon it to Pulean whom took it. "Oh well, thank you! I'm sorry I missed your concert. There's his room number, the elevators are to your right." Pulean nodded once and flashed the girl another smile, "It's alright. I'm sure there will be other times. Thank you and have a good night." With that, her heels clacked against the tiled floor softly, the smile lessening as she took a small breath to smooth her resolve. Her gloved finger reached out to press the button up, slipping inside once the elevator was there. He was on the twelfth floor in 1222, the doors dinging closed as they began to ascend. Hopefully... this wouldn't be ugly at all. It was always a little bit of a risk to investigate other demon hunters like this since one never knew how they felt about working with others or anything. He could very well turn her away at the door and that would be that (which would be appreciated as opposed to other alternatives).

The doors chimed again before sliding open to reveal the hallway, the pale girl in white following the signs till she reached the door that matched the number on her card. Alright. Here goes... Raising a hand, she knocked three times on the door, clasping her hands in front of herself as she stood there calmly. Time for a bit of awkward.
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File
Power Level: 2
Character Faction: Nephilim
Player: Vi

Back to top Go down

Lines of Inquiry Empty Re: Lines of Inquiry

Post by Arthur S. Poe Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:22 am

He preferred New York. Sure, Washington had its charms, but it was aesthetic of the Big Apple, that futuristic chaos, that he preferred over the, visibly, calmer ambient of Washington. Sadly for him, his profession had brought him to the capital city of the United States of America.

He was a frequent guest of the States, but never got accommodated to the postmodern stupidity of its society. Sure, social evolution took its tools even in London, but the cultural level was highly different and it was Poe's intellectual snobbery that lead him to despise the empty cultural norms of America. The only positive side was the fact that the cities were so crowded the level of social contact he obtained was next to nothing.

The Loews Madison Hotel in DC was a quaint place, quite fitting his elitist standards. He had gotten a room on floor 12, number 1222. It was a funny coincidence and a very humorous combination which even managed to make him smile for a microsecond, but the solitude of that moment meant that it would be his secret. During the day, he'd go strolling around town to clear his thoughts and was also able to interview a couple of people in connection with his current case. Despite being a Demon Hunter, he needed a challenge in every-day life so he became a consulting detective, much like his literal idol. Mostly, he had solved cases in London, seldom visiting towns like Liverpool or Newcastle, but in recent months, there were several commissions from abroad that lead him to places like Moscow, Paris, Berlin, New York and, now, Washington.

His current case was a puzzling mystery relating to a, seemingly impossible, jewelry theft. A ruby ring was taken from a locked room. The only key was, at the time of the crime, in the possession of the ring's owner. The room was to high to climb in so the main question imposed was how the burglar got in and out without the key, or breaking the door. Upon examining the facts, he closed himself in his room, using his ink pen to write down the fact and to make a sketch of the room. After some time, his mind was fired up. Theories and facts raced through his head. Questions began to answer themselves. Why? I know! How? I know! Who? I know! Where? I know. His mind was a complete chaos at the time, but he enjoyed that intellectual chaos mainly because it lead to answers.

In those moments, though, he enjoyed silence. He was not to be disturbed. A sudden knock at the door, in his mind interpreted as an ox ramming his front door, interrupted his chaos. Luckily, he had already gotten the answers he needed; the case was solved. Sadly, he was interrupted. 'WHAT!?', he ejaculated fiercely as if someone had insulted him in the most heinous manner imaginable. It was a reflex, nothing more, which is why he looked around the room, looking for the source of his mad response. In that moment, he remembered.

'My dear, yes, I'm in Washington. In a hotel. I'm alone. Who could that be? I hadn't ordered any room service', he commented calmly as he stood up from the desk to open the door. He had been prepared for a nuisance; he already had a sardonic remark prepared. 'Now, why would...', he said opening the door but suddenly stopped upon seeing the woman in front of his door.

It was a beautiful woman of Asian heritage, her beauty only surpassed by a clear femme fatale aesthetic combined with a seemingly innocent visage that was, obviously a mask worn by a person with much experience. Irene, perhaps? He cleared his mind and prepared a reply. 'You're not one of my lovers. None of them was Asian. None of them was American, for that matter. You're not connected with the case. I don't know you and I'm sure you're aware that I'm not taking any cases at this time. So, my dear, who ARE YOU?', he asked, looking the woman in the eyes.
Arthur S. Poe
Arthur S. Poe
CONSULTING DETECTIVE

Case File
Power Level: 1
Character Faction: Freelance
Player: Arthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulean Jangmi Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 am

'WHAT!?' Pulean had to raise an eyebrow at the exclamation from within, the sound thumping right through the door since it was so loud. It made her smirk a little, despite herself. Apparently she had either interrupted something very important, or it was the sheer unexpectedness of a visitor. There was only so much she had gleaned from her research about the man. The smirk fell away to a sweet, calm little smile, ignoring the butterflies that were fluttering about in her stomach. Her nerves would NOT get the better of her at all. The door opened, 'Now, why would...' he stopped mid-sentence, Pulean's little smile only growing a little more as she gazed up at the man.

Tall, clean-shaven, handsome, tidy clothes, and oh so... European. She could hardly say that she was surprised, but she rather liked the style. Still, he wasn't smiling, and seemed rather serious which was unfortunate. Again, she wasn't surprised. 'You're not one of my lovers. Lovers? Hardly. 'None of them was Asian. None of them was American, for that matter. So he had had many lovers then. Good to know she supposed. 'You're not connected with the case. I don't know you and I'm sure you're aware that I'm not taking any cases at this time. So, my dear, who ARE YOU?' She met his gaze without a single flinch, twitch, or even disturbance at the rapid fire statements and almost accusing question. Hmm... she must have interrupted something then, no matter.

"I am Pulean Jangmi, and yes Arthur Poe, I am well aware you aren't taking any cases right now." She began, briefly glancing past him to the room beyond. From what she could see, it was rather tidy. Back to the man, "I came here to speak to you about something, or I guess confirm something for myself. I do apologize that I've interrupted, may I come in?" She asked with a slight tilt of her head, her smile never leaving her face. She realized she was being a bit brazen, but she had a feeling he wouldn't slam the door in her face and cast her away. He had an inquisitive mind, and the simple oddity of her presence would hopefully be enough to make him stop and listen.
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur S. Poe Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:11 am

She was... what?! The first though that raced through his head as his excessively charming and overly cheerful guest spoke. It was an Asian name, probably Korean, which was contrary to his general belief that Asian Americans usually had names like Jennifer Lee or John Chung. Of course, his cynic viewpoint had nothing to do with reality itself, but it fit his general idea of devolved America.

Upon observing her initial reaction and gathering the facts, it was time for phase two - analysis. She knew his name? He had not introduced himself but her knowledge of the fact was pretty much obvious in correlation with the fact that she actually found him in his room. It was clear that she knew who he was, his reputation and media speculation surrounding his work benefiting that cause, and that she had planned on coming here and that she had a peculiar reason to do so. The nature of the reason was still a mystery to him but he was certain he would find out soon enough. She also knew about his work, which only confirms her knowledge of his public reputation. She had obviously prepared herself, to a certain degree, for this meeting. It would be though to believe someone actually knew of his current job, unless he had wanted to know. Her brief glance of his room was followed by her request to enter it, which was a logical sequence of events that he could, in that short period between her glance and her oral request, easily foresee. People only observe those thing that interest them. In this particular example, a person would hardly glance at a room if she had no interest in it. And finally, her request to speak with him. She had to confirm something. What could it be? It was hardly the fact that he was working on a case; his clients never sent control, knowing it would lead to a dissolution of their agreement, which wouldn't benefit them in any was. Also, since she knew so much about him already, it would be idiotic of her to try and confirm something that had already been confirmed on multiple occasions. What else? A strange girl, glowing with an undefined force, a force so mysterious it could be dubbed beautiful, came to his hotel room in a foreign town, asking to confirm something? Could it be that she knew? It had to...

Could it really be...? Irene...?

He had to cool down his impressions as they were interrupting his methodical mind during work. He observed the woman once more, from top to bottom, her feminine figure, letting a brief, seemingly invisible, smile slip his visage. Usually, he would just slam the door in her face and return to his papers but... this Korean woman, Pulean Jangmi, she definitely had his curiosity at that moment. If she would grab his attention depended solely on her behaviour upon entering the room. A risk? A risk worth taking. Ultimately, he had nothing to lose.

He turned on his heels and want back to the desk, leaving the door open. 'You don't seem like a prostitute... maybe a somewhat twisted dominatrix with some sort of Lolita-like innocence and fetish, but whatever the cause of your visit might be, know that I am not paying for anything. It's not that I can't or won't, but seeing as I didn't ask for anything, I see no moral obligation to pay for anything! Please, take a seat. Drink? Food?', he replied, looking at the papers on the desk, back turned to his guest.
Arthur S. Poe
Arthur S. Poe
CONSULTING DETECTIVE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulean Jangmi Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 am

Oh it was taking all she had to not chuckle or giggle at him right now because she really had thrown him quite the curveball by being here it would seem! They stood there for a few moments, Pulean knowing full well that he was thinking through everything and she let him. There was no sense in him not, and it would be rude to interrupt. Much like... she probably had several minutes prior. Ah well, that was a necessary evil. She didn't have to be rude now. Blinking twice as he looked over her again, her smile seemed to grow a little in her amusement, almost letting her surprise show through when she thought she saw a fleeting smile. She kept it in! She kept it in because she was sure that he wouldn't want a fuss over it. And, logically, given his nature it would make him withdraw more and be less likely to do that again. So she kept it very much to herself as he moved with little warning back into his hotel room. She followed after at a bit of a slower pace, closing the door quietly behind her.

'You don't seem like a prostitute...' A what? Pulean did giggle a little at that, 'maybe a somewhat twisted dominatrix with some sort of Lolita-like innocence and fetish, but whatever the cause of your visit might be, know that I am not paying for anything.' Oh goodness! How amusing he was! Her smile grew again as she unpinned the blue rose from her throat, pulling the short cape from around her shoulders to reveal the top of her dress. It was very simple with spaghetti straps, but a lace choker was around her neck with a distinctive blue gem in the center. Lolita prostitute indeed... She had better note that down for the records of things she thought she'd never hear! 'It's not that I can't or won't, but seeing as I didn't ask for anything, I see no moral obligation to pay for anything! Please, take a seat. Drink? Food?'

"You don't need to concern yourself about pay Mr. Poe. This is more of an informal visit to talk to you is all." She answered as she laid her short cape over a chair, brushing her long tresses back so they weren't covering her shoulders since they had a habit of falling in front of one of them. Her footfalls were slow as she glanced over his shoulder towards the papers on his desk, not stopping and instead moving past towards the kitchen. He was a man focused on work, it would be easier to keep him talking if she just got the drinks herself. Besides, if he was as intelligent as was explained, then did he still know how to function as a human being? She didn't feel like taking those chances. "I think I'll just have some water for now, thank you." She called back to him as she picked up a glass, opening up one of the provided bottles before filling it and returning to the living room. She took that moment to observe him again, noting the ink marks on his hands, the sheer amount of papers that were splayed out on that desk.

Her sapphire eyes danced across them for a moment before she turned away, a slight hum in her throat as she could guess at what he was working at. A locked room case, always intriguing. Pulean turned her back to him now as she walked towards the window, a gloved hand lightly pushing aside a curtain to look down at the nightlife below. "Tell me Mr. Poe, what are your thoughts on Demonology and Hell? Existential conclusions as a form of comfort or moralistic warnings," She turned to face him again, blue orbs glinting as they locked on him, "Or do you feel they are fact?" No sense in beating around the bush being all pleasant and whatnot, it was better to get to the point. No one liked their time being wasted, and she suspected a brilliant man with cases to work on would like it even less. Although... it would be a little bit of a shame if this meeting were too terribly short. He was pleasant to look at, moreso than that other fellow she and her sister had encountered yesterday. And he was certainly... classier.
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur S. Poe Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:09 am

What a terrible nuisance visits were! The situation in Baker Street was completely different as he had, in his schedule, anticipated a possible visit by a client and he was, well, as much as he could, ready for strangers to enter his private space and interrupt his daily routine. Back there, visits actually were a daily routine. But here, it was something he hoped to avoid! It was a hotel, a hotel so expensive one would think it had better security, but all in all, he never expected anyone to show up. His client maybe, but not a stranger. He had, of course, the authority to deny her entrance or just send her out, but it was not until he had decided not to do so that he realised how terrible a decision that actually was.

She was walking around the room, observing it with some sort of childish joy. She really did seem like a child, like Alice in Wonderland, perhaps. He did not have to observe her, to look at what she was doing to know so. It was through her pace and her looking over his shoulder that he could deduce the state of mind she was in at that very moment. It was all rather annoying. He did voluntarily waive his right to control, but that did not include her observing the room like some zoological garden and him like some sort of overly intelligent primate that is able to read papers or some similar nonsense. He sighed.

It had it's benefits, though. She fetched her drink by herself, which was especially practical for him, as he did not have to do it himself. Not that he would, he'd tell her to do it by herself anyway, but it spared him from unnecessary communication which had no obvious point.

Still, he wanted to know why she was there and just as he was about to speed things up with a question, she started talking. Her first remark was of no great importance, but her second remark struck him like an Amazonian toxic dart covered with Curare. His initial deduction was correct. She knew. And that was the main reason of her visit. Possibly the only one. She didn't state it clearly, but it was obvious enough. The topic was still specific enough for him to know what she was aiming at without her expressing it clearly. Still, how did she know? There were only two possible solutions. Either she was one of them or she was, well, one of his own. If the former, he had to have his blade close by. His pocket watch was with him and he could, easily us it to his advantage but he had to keep an eye on his blade. It was under the bed, only a leap aways. He was safe. If the latter, she could be one of his kind or one of the other idiots he met throughout his career. In that case, he was also secure but for her sake, he hoped she was a Demon Hunter. He does not socialise with other groups, despite their enigmatic beauty.

He turned his head towards her quickly, staying in place. His look was firm and inquisitive, but not malicious. He smirked briefly, drew out his chair and offered her a seat as he began pacing the room. He had that tendency when answering complex questions or explaining certain details. He could not stay in place, despite being an excellent orator. 'I cannot say I am not surprised by your question, Miss Jangmi, but I cannot wonder as to why you are imposing it on me? What have I do with it all?', he asked, taking a small break. It was purely psychological, a mind game he was playing. He had an answer ready but he wanted her to believe otherwise.

'But, since you ask, I shall be kind enough and answer. Demonology is nothing but a study, like any science, a branch of human interest dealing with a specific topic. I do not see it as something metaphysical merely because it is not something like that. It is, as you described it, a mere fact, a state of the human mind and nothing more. I see nothing enigmatic or occult related to it. As is Biology, so is Demonology and there should be no further need for a deeper solution', he gave her his first answer. He sincerely believed in his words. Although he has been proven otherwise, he could not see any metaphysical context within it. It was a fact, a manifestation of reality that was, ultimately, expected when considering a more profound analysis of humanity's moral evolution. 'As for the second part, Hell is something I do believe in. It exists, but also as a fact. If, by your question, you wished to ask if I believe in God, no, Miss, I do not as I can see nothing that would confirm the existence of such a being. But Hell... I do believe in. One author, not long ago, once said 'Hell is other people' and I firmly stand by those words. Hell is what you see around you, what you see through that window you conveniently looked out from. Hell is around us and it is inhabited by people. By you and me, included. The moral destruction of humanity is evident, only an idiot could deny that, and such a turn of event was imminent after giving the whole process a more profound and logical perspective. There is nothing to counter that, in my opinion', he concluded. 'But, you are correct in one thing, despite. For some people, it is truly an existential conclusion formed into a state of comfort and empty justice, something people both love and fear. But, never has a state of two distinctively different opinions lead to something good. Good people see it as a punishment for the wrongdoers, while the wrongdoers see it as a place they should tend to avoid upon having their sins abolished by a higher entity. It is a stupid and infantile construction, made only by the frightened and weak minded, people unable to see the full picture of the world they are living. It is a very vulgar interpretation of Life and Existence, a slap in the face of thinkers and philosophers, a slap telling them to stop thinking, to stop evaluating and I cannot, as a humanist, accept such an interpretation as relevant and correct', he added.

He then stopped, right in front of his guest. He looked at her in the eyes. He was not afraid. He was safe, but if she had intended to harm him, she would have done it by now. He smiled. 'I do hope my answer has provided you with a certain level of satisfaction. But, in case you have forgotten, I shall repeat my question... my dear, what have I to do with it all?, he asked.
Arthur S. Poe
Arthur S. Poe
CONSULTING DETECTIVE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulean Jangmi Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 am

The little sighs here and there, interjected statements with no words that Pulean only maintained her little smile at. Oh yes, she was positive that her presence would not take long to tire him, to make him bored of her being there. This was her chance to try to pick up all she could on him with how little she had spoken to him, or even read about him. So far he was living up to all that she had heard which was of some relief, now especially glad that she hadn't brought Jinhong along. What an awkward time this would be then. She knew that her twin would have been quiet, off to the side, and hesitant to say a word. No, let her do her reading where she was, recover from the shock to her system yesterday. There was no sense in creating more of a fuss for her. Besides, she might appreciate knowing more demon hunters out in the world, but she did not necessarily want to meet them or get to know them. Oh sad little introvert.

But now she was watching him very carefully, watching him actually turn his head to look at her, having to subdue the desire to smirk. She could see the wheels turning, the choices and results flying past as he took some time before speaking. At the offer for a chair she politely nodded her head in thanks and moved to the nearest chair to sit, smoothing out the skirt of her dress before doing so. She almost wondered at his pacing but she suspected it was a necessary habit for while he was thinking, or in this case, answering her question. 'I cannot say I am not surprised by your question, Miss Jangmi, but I cannot wonder as to why you are imposing it on me? What have I do with it all?' Good. He knew that she knew. But his question made her want to frown, instead only raising her eyebrows questioningly with a slight tilt of her head. Let her play the dumb one for a moment as he asked his second question. It was a dodge question. An escape to having to answer immediately. Was he that secretive about it? It was true that their kind needed to live in this secrecy in order to survive, and it was true that they had just met, but really? Alright. Where was he going with this?

'But, since you ask, I shall be kind enough and answer. Demonology is nothing but a study, like any science, a branch of human interest dealing with a specific topic. I do not see it as something metaphysical merely because it is not something like that. It is, as you described it, a mere fact, a state of the human mind and nothing more. I see nothing enigmatic or occult related to it. As is Biology, so is Demonology and there should be no further need for a deeper solution' Interesting. That was true, and so her sister would continue reading although it was a study into the enemy. For Jinhong, it was a desire to keep them both safe and greater knowledge of her enemies. 'As for the second part, Hell is something I do believe in. It exists, but also as a fact. If, by your question, you wished to ask if I believe in God, no, Miss, I do not as I can see nothing that would confirm the existence of such a being. But Hell... I do believe in. One author, not long ago, once said 'Hell is other people' Pulean's eyes twinkled at those words, her smile growing at that quote from No Exit. Paul Sartre. Excellent choice, and sadly very true. Hell was made of so many people. ', and I firmly stand by those words. Hell is what you see around you, what you see through that window you conveniently looked out from. Hell is around us and it is inhabited by people. By you and me, included. The moral destruction of humanity is evident, only an idiot could deny that, and such a turn of event was imminent after giving the whole process a more profound and logical perspective. There is nothing to counter that, in my opinion' She nodded slowly at his words, sipping at her water quietly. Well well, the man did like to speak.

'But, you are correct in one thing, despite. For some people, it is truly an existential conclusion formed into a state of comfort and empty justice, something people both love and fear. But, never has a state of two distinctively different opinions lead to something good. Good people see it as a punishment for the wrongdoers, while the wrongdoers see it as a place they should tend to avoid upon having their sins abolished by a higher entity. It is a stupid and infantile construction, made only by the frightened and weak minded, people unable to see the full picture of the world they are living. It is a very vulgar interpretation of Life and Existence, a slap in the face of thinkers and philosophers, a slap telling them to stop thinking, to stop evaluating and I cannot, as a humanist, accept such an interpretation as relevant and correct.' There was a good thing he was ranting so, it allowed her to peer more into how his mind worked and it was very similar to Jinhong's in some ways. Logic. All based on Logic, practicality, reality, and concrete answers. She wasn't sure if it necessarily meant that all was black or white to him, but it was certainly leaning that way. This way was wrong, and this way was right. No compromise, no arguing.

Her eyes had followed him as he moved back and forth, occasionally sipping at her water until he finally came to a stop. She stared right back, rising up to meet the challenge and sharpness within them. No flinching, no nothing. 'I do hope my answer has provided you with a certain level of satisfaction. But, in case you have forgotten, I shall repeat my question... my dear, what have I to do with it all? Pulean did nod once, for it had given her some satisfaction and certainly had enlightened her on his view of the subject. But to answer him, "It was." She began, now allowing her little smirk to rise to her lips as she rose from her chair, "I merely wanted confirmation that you were a Demon Hunter." Her sapphire eyes bore into him, the smirk twisting itself back into her sweet little smile as she took a few steps towards where she had laid her short cape. "That is what you have to do with it all. And that is all I had to ask you unless there is something you wished to ask me? I would not wish to detract you anymore from your studying of your locked room case." She asked him very matter of factly, nodding her head a bit towards the table piled with papers.
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur S. Poe Sun May 05, 2013 7:53 am

She was teasing him, that much was obvious. Such a level of indolence is never intentional, that much he knew from experience. This enigmatic woman was testing him, for some reason unknown to him at the time, but he was certain his assumption was correct.

He observed her with an inquisitive look, pointing his eyes directly at her smirk, and subsequent smile. What did it all mean?

He was a man of vast knowledge, someone that knew almost every relevant fact a person could think of, but women were an enigma to him. He had lovers, he knew how to get a woman, but an easy target was no target at all, it was a gift. And gifts are not there to be understood, they are there to be taken. But, at this moment, he wasn't dealing with a gift. In front of him was a woman, someone who's challenging enough to grab his attention. Such women were an enigma to him, something he did not understand.

The reason behind it all was, merely, lack of information. During his strolls around public spaces, Arthur Poe has never met a woman that he would dare consider a peer of his. Such women, as far as he was concerned, existed in books and art, but never have the writers and artists creating such women explained the enigma behind them. Surely, you could draw your on conclusions based on observation, but this situation was a living example that it was not enough.

As it generally was with puzzles, each individual piece was special and unique. You might have guidelines and rules on how to solve them, but it always took more than that to actually do it. Each puzzle brought something that was different from the other and it always asked for a high intellectual participation of the one solving it. He had what was needed, but he was not sure how he should, actually, use it.

For a moment, he actually thought it would be best for him to just let her go and forget about her. She got her answer and she was not about to ask anything else, although it was clear she had more questions to ask. But, it was all a game and this was proof of it.

She was leaving. All he had to do was back off and leave her in piece. He would probably never see her again. She was not a threat to him, not at the moment, at least, and he could to it with a clear mind, without the need to worry. He wanted to turn around and greet her.

But he couldn't. He kept staring at the woman, not wanting to let her go. he was not sure what to reply, what to say, but he was certain he had to say something. He wanted to pull her arm and show her he wanted her to stay, but it would be overly intrusive. He found the needed words.

''It is clear to me that you wanted to prove that for yourself, miss and, although I see no point in it, I understand such a need'', he began, calmly. ''Sadly, what I cannot understand is why you wanted to confirm that. Such a request directed at me would certainly have a very strong motive behind it and I am not willing to let you leave before finding that out'', he continued and then paused for a moment.

He looked at his papers and sketches. She was, obviously, interested in the case. A good way to turn the tables around. He smirked and picked up all the papers. They contained no personal information, which was something he always made sure of because someone could easily misuse such facts, which is why he could do what he decided to.

''I see you're showing much interest in my current case. If that is something that could keep you around here for a while, would you like to have a go at it yourself? I, of course, have already solved the case, although I haven't presented the solution to my client yet, but the solution is there. Would you like to... best me, perhaps?'', he handed her the papers with a smile.

It was her move now.
Arthur S. Poe
Arthur S. Poe
CONSULTING DETECTIVE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulean Jangmi Wed May 08, 2013 3:32 am

Now.... now she was REALLY intrigued for what would he say? What excuse or request would he come up with in order to keep her there? Oh yes, she knew. She could tell from the way that he had stared at her despite its subtlety. The fact he had let her in at all despite the simple curiosity of her question for him. There was something there, and he wasn't sure if he wanted her to leave either. Well... at least it meant that they were both on the same page regardless of whether or not the other was aware of it. In the end, however, was that what really mattered? Whether or not the other knew that neither wanted her to leave? Bah, now she was turning herself around in circles. Jinhong would have had a field day of teasing her had she seen this (not that she may have gotten everything. She was good at observing, but not in this situation necessarily).

Her hands were on her cape now, starting to search for the ties in so she could wrap it around her shoulders. He was staring at her yes, but stares weren't always words- ''It is clear to me that you wanted to prove that for yourself, miss and, although I see no point in it, I understand such a need'' She paused and lowered her hands, her head turning back to him as those sapphire depths focused upon him. ''Sadly, what I cannot understand is why you wanted to confirm that. Such a request directed at me would certainly have a very strong motive behind it and I am not willing to let you leave before finding that out'' Her eyebrow raised in questioning curiosity now, casting her short cape back over the chair as her whole body faced him now. Inside her head? She was grinning the biggest of grins because he had indeed caught the underlying current. It wouldn't have been an issue had he not, but it was just invigorating that he had.

But she did smile a little and giggle, clasping her hands before herself as she stared at him, "Very well. Then I shan't leave yet." A statement of fact. It was clear that was not all he was going to ask of her considering how the next spot to grab his attention was his desk with all of those papers. She blinked a couple of times as she watched him gather them up, ''I see you're showing much interest in my current case. If that is something that could keep you around here for a while, would you like to have a go at it yourself? I, of course, have already solved the case, although I haven't presented the solution to my client yet, but the solution is there. Would you like to... best me, perhaps?'' He held the pages out to her and she did take them into her delicately gloved hands, blushing faintly in modesty as she cast her gaze at the ground. Demure, be demure... Inwardly she found it rather adorable that this was how he decided to try and keep her here, to prevent her from leaving aside from just the simple question earlier that he had not quite phrased.

Honestly though? This was even better. "Well," her eyes glanced from him to the pages in her hands, already dancing across the surface to glean up information. "I'd be happy to try. And it would keep me here longer yes." Now she flashed him her little smirk again as another chuckle rolled out of her, sitting herself on the arm of the chair right behind her with her cape upon it. Alright... Now what did we have here....

Locked room... ruby ring... Only key... Her hands flipped through the pages, turning some of the sketches if need be as she poured over his notes. "Lockpick...No, no scratch marks on the door..." She mused quietly to herself, placing all of the pages together as she stared at the distant wall with its typical hotel room decorations. "Possibility of someone hiding in another room waiting until the owner's gone, snagging the ring, and then leaving well as you please." She whispered to herself as she glanced back down at the pages with a chuckle. "Unless someone has a flair for the dramatic..." She mumbled, glancing through his notes again.
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur S. Poe Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 am

Phase one of the plan was complete. That much he could say. He wanted her to stay - she is still here. It took only one little question, well planned and well timed, and a small, yet important challenge. Not much. If he had known it would've taken only that, he would not have panicked, not the least. But, it was expected, wasn't it? She clearly asked him if he had anything to ask, which implied that she would stay if asked something. As far as the challenge goes, it was connected to the first part. A person of such intelligence and of such curiosity would certainly not decline a challenge, whether she would or would not be able to solve it, but a direct slap in the face was not something she would not react to.

He then observed he reaction. Ah, by Jove, she blushed! Of course, that exclamation was present only in his mind as it would have been highly inappropriate of him to jump around the room like an utter fool. But it was a good sign. It showed what she thought both of him and herself. Her opinion of him was, despite the egoistic character of this remark, correct and but he could not see why she would, even for a second, feel insecure about herself. Why would someone with such an obvious mental strength react in such a way? Is it because she was a woman? That eternal enigma of the female mind...

''You know, Arthur, that is a very interesting question you impose on me'', his mentor remarked, looking at the young man from his sofa. ''Womanhood, or the Female, is, as you brilliantly deduced from your learnings, the eternal enigma of humanity's logic. Never has there been such a mystery to any of the brilliant minds of our History as the Femme, young man. Sadly, not even I can give you an answer. What I know may and surely will differ from what others know and what you yourself will know when you have reached a certain point in life. Now, you are still young, you are, of course, enchanted by their figure, that specific aesthetic that only a female can have... but, in your defence, young man, who isn't? I shall not trouble you with my own insights but rather, I shall give you one piece of advice... allow yourself to be enchanted, because only then will you be able to come closer to the solution of the mystery... there is nothing...''

He remembered that one meeting with his mentor so long ago. It was logical that he would remember exactly that meeting. All his mentor said was correct and it was at this moment that the advice he had given him was most important.

He smiled at her. Very gently, friendly... almost as if he lo... why? Yes, she was an insecure woman, but why his alteration? Why would he smile at her... why? He took a few steps backwards, turned to the window and grabbed some air to compose himself. Calm down, you idiot, he said to himself. It was all it took.

He turned again, cold and polite, looking at her. She had vocalised a couple of remarks while he was at the window, but they were of lesser importance. Her guard was now different. That enchanting modesty she had shown had, completely, disappeared and she was now the enigmatic woman she was just a minute ago. There was something sensual in her every mover, her whole body and her magnetic grin that slowly destroyed his firm barrier. Luckily for him, he was able to control himself.

He listened to her remarks. The mystery was of no big difficulty for him, but it could pose a problem for someone else. If she was not able to solve it, he was wrong and there was no need for this conversation to go on. If yes... well... on that, later. Her last remark was in a language he did not understand. It was some Oriental language, either Japanese, Korean or Chinese... but she mostly resembled a person of Korean or Japanese heritage. That was, rather, unfair. ''You know, my dear, I would have hardly given you the task of solving it if it was as simple as a 'guy waiting in another room', do not mock me, please. Also, it always is lovely to hear another language, but if we keep muttering in languages we cannot understand, I see no point in this continuing. Therefore, please'', he said, more firmly. It was, of course, only play. ''Also, there is the matter of a question you have avoided... why did you even have the need to check that? What is it to you if I am, or am not, a Demon Hunter? Why was I the subject of your fair thoughts?'', he added.
Arthur S. Poe
Arthur S. Poe
CONSULTING DETECTIVE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulean Jangmi Tue May 14, 2013 1:47 am

She could sense how his eyes kept flickering over her, watching her with that rather intense gaze of his. It was... different. There was being watched by an audience, or auditioning for something. His stare was by far more intense than all of them, and yet.... it was not harsh. Not really. So when she caught that flash of a real smile from him, warm and gentle, she felt a rush in her innards. Her expression did not change, though once he had turned away towards the window, her blush briefly returned, fading away as her mind focused upon the case at hand. Oi... Jinhong was so much better at these puzzles in some ways, though she knew that she could do it. She was most definitely a problem solver and this was something that required the awareness to certain things that she had. Think Pulean, THINK! What was she missing.... Wait a minute. What if....

'You know, my dear, I would have hardly given you the task of solving it if it was as simple as a 'guy waiting in another room', do not mock me, please. She merely shrugged her shoulders ever so slightly. It hadn't been her intention to. "Also, it always is lovely to hear another language, but if we keep muttering in languages we cannot understand, I see no point in this continuing. Therefore, please.'' "Sorry, habit." She admitted with a smirk, glancing back down to a couple of his diagrams though she didn't get to for long. For amidst the next words that came, there was something that gave her pause. ''Also, there is the matter of a question you have avoided... why did you even have the need to check that? What is it to you if I am, or am not, a Demon Hunter? Why was I the subject of your fair thoughts?'' Her.... fair.. thoughts? At that, she felt her cheeks flush again, the rosy color rather noticeable against her pale skin as she raised her head. The pages lowered, taking a moment to try to gather her scattered mind, turning those sapphire eyes back upon him.

The look she gave him was neither disgruntled or negative, but it was certainly a bit intense. "I like knowing who for sure is a Demon Hunter like me, and who isn't. It means you are "safe" so to speak, and not a Templar. Thus you are not a factor that would hunt us. One less potential enemy to worry about." She had grown rather serious, her eyes lowering back to the floor. Jinhong did not need to waste her energy doing this, and she could not read people and signs like Pulean could. She was a strategist, a chemist, and scientist. Her strengths lay in those fields. Taking a deep breath, she raised her gaze back up to him with a hint of a faint smile, "Also, even though I know you do not prefer to, if alliances were necessary then its good to know who we could call upon if in various places. London, in your case." She started to open her mouth to continue, but she paused before finally continuing, "And... I was curious. I wanted to know for myself and speaking with you seemed the better choice." The blush finally began to fade as she could feel how her heart rate had changed.

This was... odd. Not a bad kind of odd, but a good sort of odd. As much as she had meant to intrigue him, he was just as intriguing to her. "As for the case I would check with his wife and any recent acquaintances she might have made. Probably a.... Charles Downing if I recognize him right." She glanced through the pictures one last time. "He has a penchant for climbing, and I know he often goes out to do so. Wife leaves the window open a crack before she leaves with her husband, Charles repels down, snags the ring, goes back out and closes the window swift as you please. He's always had a flair for the dramatic. I should observe him closer at my concert tonight then to see if he has a lovely ruby ring on his finger now." At the end she mused quietly to herself, sipping her water thoughtfully before placing his papers back down. "Oh, and the language I spoke before was Korean, my dear Mr. Poe." She gave him another smile, striding into the kitchen to place her glass in the sink. Alright, ball was in his court, did she get it right?
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur S. Poe Tue May 14, 2013 3:19 am

He had provoked a more permanent reaction on her side. That was good, satisfactory even. She did, he had to admit that to himself, have the upper hand on him for a good while, but he was now regaining control of the situation. His oral skills were usually the tool that was more than helpful in a variety of situations.

Not that he was misusing them. He meant every word he'd said; nothing he said was a lie or a manipulation, a statement intentionally blown out of proportions. He meant what he said, but if the truth would get him in line with her, even if it meant showing a weakness or two, he was not hesitant to use it.

Her explanation was, by his expectations, rather dull, but upon pondering on it once more, he realised that it was a perfectly normal explanation. Her curiosity is something he had already acknowledged and he would be an idiot to doubt the same conclusion he had presented. That would be just... stupid.

Alliances? What was she talking about? He worked alone. Ever since he knew of his powers, he has been working alone. All the help he excepted was of profane nature and nothing more. Supernatural assistance, as he preferred to call it, was something he did not need and something he would not accept. Why should he need help when he was perfectly fine on his own. He was alive, wasn't he?

But, then again... she... could be... an... exception... perhaps?

''Korean? Lovely! I deduced it was something oriental. I did exclude Chinese, but I could not tell whether it was Japanese or Korean. My knowledge of foreign languages is, sadly, due to scheduling conflicts, restricted only to Europe but that will soon change. But, that is of secondary importance now'', he replied. He pondered on her solution. Walking towards her, in the kitchen, he stopped right in front of her as she turned around. He looked at her sapphire eyes...

''I sincerely doubt you will find the ring in Downing's possession... well, still, that is. If you dared to break the law, I presume you would find it somewhere in the traveling bags of Mrs. Whitermore, the wife of my client. It is, of course, a well-known fact that the Mister and Madam Whitermore have parted ways, although they do seem to appear in public, for reasons beyond my line of reasoning. The ruby is, of course, my client's most valuable possession and, although Madam Whitermore was the one wearing it, there is no way she could gain possession once the separation had been made official and publicly known. She, of course, has found a suiting replacement... one Charles Downing, as you have correctly deduced, who has, indeed, stolen the ring in the manner you described. On that, my fair Miss, I congratulate you! The ring is hidden and the police would hardly find it in a bag of whose existence they know nothing about, correct? I haven't, personally, seen that bag, but I am certain it exists and, once they have been separated, the ruby ring will be a wealthy addition to the, well, newly-founded relationship between the former Madam Whitermore and bonvivant mountaineer, Charles Downing. I guess the only interesting fact here was the sealed room... the rest is just rubbish. But, you have correctly deduced the problem'', he said and smiled at her. He looked at her with his sherlockian smile. ''But, there is another matter I'd like to go through, if you don't mind... you mentioned a concert... your concert... without logically analyzing the sentence, I can deduce that you are a musician of some sort'', he continued. He gently put his hands on her neck and moved her head a little to the side. ''It is not a violin, there would be some marks... old, if not recent'', he commented. ''A guitar? Perhaps, but you are overly gracious for such an instrument'', he continued swiftly. ''A string bass or cello, perhaps... quite possible'', another swift remark. ''Wind instrument perhaps? Not overly popular, possibly the saxophone... but I would have heard of it...'', another one. After a couple more swift remarks, he stopped harshly and took her hands. He brushed his fingers through hers and brought them near his lips. ''Piano... gracious, but not long enough... You are, I presume, a singer of some sort or... well... you play with strings'', he said with a smile. He held her fingers next to his lips for a few moments and then let go of them just like he took them - surprisingly. He turned on his heels and went back to the living room.
Arthur S. Poe
Arthur S. Poe
CONSULTING DETECTIVE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulean Jangmi Tue May 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Before doing anything with the glass, she removed her long white gloves, not really wanting to get them wet or anything. What was she to do now? She had answered his questions, and she said she would stay if he had things to ask of her. But... she didn't want to leave. Much as she loved her sister, she truly did not want to leave this mans company. Not yet. Any discussion of him joining them in the hunt of the Den of Demons in the swiftly coming days was completely out of the question. There was no time, and he had other things to do. Besides, she knew that he preferred to work alone. Why in the world would he suddenly work with someone he had just met? There was no logic to it. ''Korean? Lovely! I deduced it was something oriental. I did exclude Chinese, but I could not tell whether it was Japanese or Korean. My knowledge of foreign languages is, sadly, due to scheduling conflicts, restricted only to Europe but that will soon change. But, that is of secondary importance now'' Heh, well she knew he would have probably gotten close. It was always impressive when someone could distinguish the different asiatic languages from the others, especially when they guessed correctly.

She emptied out the glass in the sink, making a soft clink as it was placed on the drying rack. When she turned and found him right there, she hadn't been expecting it at all. She thought he might wander in slowly, or come up to her side, but... She stared up at him with her normal calm expression, gazing up into those striking eyes of his, and she could not look away. His explanation was so much grander than her own, and with details that she did not have. At his compliment to her abilities of deduction, however, she did feel herself smile politely again. Her back leaned against the counter, arms dangling at her side though one foot did brace itself against the cabinets behind her legs so she was rather relaxed before him. Normally she probably would have been more alert with a person, she had been with Jerome. Though that boy was a strange one with many an issue and hardly a good comparison for the gentleman before her. And he was that, a gentleman. He was much better company, and... Hm. His various smiles made her feel a sort of warmth in her belly that bloomed and flowed through her. His smiles were rare, yet he had shown so many before her. It wasn't like she had any other instances that she could judge from to prove that this was, in fact, different aside from her deductions. She knew, however, that single warm smile he had shown her earlier was something next to NO ONE saw.

''But, there is another matter I'd like to go through, if you don't mind... Pulean shook her head, "I don't mind." What was he-- "you mentioned a concert... your concert... " Oh! Of course. Blinking, she clasped her hands in front of herself, nodding once as he continued onward. "Without logically analyzing the sentence, I can deduce that you are a musician of some sort'' Unexpectedly his hands were touching her neck, her involuntary reaction being to, well, blush. A faint blush, but a blush nonetheless as he moved her head a little. ''It is not a violin, there would be some marks... old, if not recent'' She almost wanted to make it easy for him and just tell him, but she had a feeling he was enjoying working it out for himself. So she remained silent as he rattled off possibility after possibility, her blush fading all the while, until... He suddenly took her hands in his own, her eyes looking at them as she could feel his fingers run over her own. They were so smooth... Yes there were some callouses from playing the violin, but fewer than she had expected. They were also warm, her sapphire gaze following as he brought her hands close to his lips.

It was taking all of her willpower to not let herself blush again, but oh did that warmth in her stomach return with a vengeance. The simple sensation of his breath running up and along her skin. That SHOULD be nothing, but she also understood why she was feeling such a reaction. It was a very intimate thing even though he had done it to examine her hands closer. And, again, he smiled, still holding her hands close to his lips for a couple of moments longer than just simple examination. Her heart rate had increased and did not calm even when he let go of them as suddenly as he had grabbed them, watching as he turned away and returned to the living room. What... was happening.... No, she knew what was happening or could be happening, but... it was just so unreal. Unexpected. Her hands hung there for a few seconds longer before they slowly lowered, forgetting her gloves as she followed him a brief moment later in the living room. Her steps were not quick, were not long strides, just slow and easy till she stood there a few paces away from him.

"Yes... I am a singer."

She finally spoke, her voice quieter, though it did not shake. There was more than simple intrigue before them at this moment in time. There was a fascination with the other that was growing into some sort of attraction. Whether that attraction was simply two intellectuals finding a friend, or... more than that. "An opera singer, though I did do musicals in high school and college." She continued, taking two steps closer towards him. She was careful, for it was clear to her that he was not used to this situation. To... something. She wasn't quite sure what it was about it, but then again, she wasn't accustomed to so quickly being drawn to someone. "I have not played the strings, however sadly. Any callouses would be from using a rapier." She smiled gently to him whether or not he would turn to see, almost tempted to reach out a hand to touch his arm. Despite the temptation, she did not. She didn't want to invade his personal space without his permission to, but she did take one more step closer to him. Pulean was now diagonally behind him, brushing a long black strand aside from her face. Why not distract him away from what had just occurred? "You play the violin though, do you not?"
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur S. Poe Sat May 18, 2013 2:48 am

The situation had turned to be much more awkward than he had anticipated. Her reaction to his deduction was surprisingly augmented, but it flattered his ego oh so visibly. The feeling of comfort resulting from her reaction was very strange for his persona. It was good, he could not deny that, but he was not used to such a reaction. It was a very personal and intimate psychological moment, something that returned him to the days of his childhood. His last years of elementary school.

Amelia... ''But why, Amelia? You confirmed everything... it was... you agree... why, in God's name, and you do know that I do not believe in a divine being, would you answer me like this? Why'', he ejaculated, observing her blue eyes. They were full of nostalgia, as always. Her visage was emotionless... opening only a possibility of internal discomfort. It was not easy for her to answer like this, he was aware of that, but his pragmatic nature did not allow him to make peace with such a decision. She had the opportunity to answer differently, she did not. From that moment on, everything was just an excuse...

His thoughts raced back to that moment on the cliffs of Broadchurch. That last excursion was one of the most stressful moments of his life and it did scar him forever. Still, he composed his thoughts and returned to his visitor.

"Yes... I am a singer." - ''Of course you are'', he thought for himself. He was always cheerful and boastful when is deductions proved correct. Not that he had doubted them, but a verbal confirmation was always pleasurable.

Her next reply was a tad disappointing, once more, but he then remembered the American mentality and educational system, for which such a start was normal. If she had been in London, her beginnings would be drastically different than the ones in the States. Oh that dreaded postmodern rubbish, how it murdered art.

As she brushed her long black strand, he again reminisced the moment from Broadchurch. They were frighteningly similar. The personal and visual similarities between her... and Pulean were... horrid! He froze in place as she asked him a question right after that. It took him a moment or two to recompose himself and analyze the question she had asked him. She was, again, although he was certain this was purely by chance, regaining control of the situation.

''And the piano!'', he replied briefly and showed her his long fingers, as if it was proof of what he was telling her. It was an idiotic reply. ''I have been musically educated since elementary school and, as a result of that, I can play several instruments. Piano and the violin being the primary ones, of course'', he replied, now with a little more sense in it all.

He was not certain as to what he should do now. He looked at her, in her eyes. It was a sincere look and she would, if she was anything like he perceived her to be, deduce what it meant. He blinked a couple of times, let out another faint smile before he decided to break what was, from his viewpoint, an awkward silence. ''Would you, perhaps, like something to eat? A big advantage of such hotels is that you can, practically, have anything you wish for'', he asked her.
Arthur S. Poe
Arthur S. Poe
CONSULTING DETECTIVE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulean Jangmi Tue May 21, 2013 11:17 am

A quiet stillness had settled between them, carefully taking a deep breath, exhaling slowly as her eyes slipped over his form. His back seemed somehow... cold. Lonely. So when he seemed to tense up, her brows furrowed and again, she felt a compulsion to place her hand on his arm. Was he-- ''And the piano!'' He held out his long fingers to her and she did gaze at them, nodding with a small little smile. Well, at least the situation seemed to have rectified itself, somehow. ''I have been musically educated since elementary school and, as a result of that, I can play several instruments. Piano and the violin being the primary ones, of course'' Oh. Well then. Her one brow had raised as she stared at him, relatively stunned as she wondered at what instruments they could be. "Wondrous." The word was soft, yet still audible, shaking her head once as if to snap out of a trance. She had tried to picture him playing a variety of instruments, but truly, the piano and violin were what fit his image best. Perhaps the cello as well. Mmmm the cello.....

But in any case, silence had begun to fall over them again when he turned to her now, so her gaze lifted to meet his own. The look that she saw there.... wasn't quite what she had expected. She had, and yet she hadn't. At all. It was such a simple look, but she could tell that he had no idea what to do. It was rather adorable to be completely honest. Her smile grew upon her lips, sending a little twinkle into her eyes as she listened, ''Would you, perhaps, like something to eat? A big advantage of such hotels is that you can, practically, have anything you wish for'.' She hummed in her throat thoughtfully, stepping up next to him as she stared out the window down to the streets below, clasping her hands behind her back. "Its true, you can. Although..." She turned back to him, now standing beside him, tilting her head ever so slightly, "Do you want to go for a walk? Or have you paced enough in here to fill a walk through the streets?" It was a gentle tease, giggling softly as she shrugged her shoulders. "I'm flexible as to the choices that can be made."

She could guess that he didn't go out very much, probably preferring his case and his thoughts to social interactions. Not that she could particularly blame him since the world was filled with a bunch of... well... idiots felt a little bit harsh. 'Less-intelligent-folks' didn't seem much better either. In any case, they weren't as brilliant as him and so it was likely he got bored. Which.... hm. What was it about her that kept his interest so? Now there was something to ponder a bit, but she didn't want to. Not right now. She simply wanted to enjoy the evening, see where it might go from here.

[[ Sorry its not longer... she wanted to be short and to the point apparently @_@ ]]
Pulean Jangmi
Pulean Jangmi
BLUE ROSE

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down