Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!
Deus Mortuus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SISTER SITES AND DIRECTORIES

Modern Day Alchemists

RPGD Topsites
Top RPG Sites
Latest topics
» Moon Called [JCINK]
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 am by Guest

» Dav'Ris: A Fantasy World RP
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 am by Sovay

» Fingers crossed
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am by Azazel

» Soul Eater DOOD
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm by Guest

» Ninpocho Chronicles
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 am by Guest

» Defiance In Truth [LGBT Community In New York]
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 pm by Guest

» Devil's Dalliance - An Animanga Supernatural RP
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am by Guest

» Naruto: Tales of the Shinobi
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 am by Guest

» Four Beats To Madness
How Did You...? (Sareph) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:32 am by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am
Statistics
We have 228 registered users
The newest registered user is Azazel

Our users have posted a total of 5316 messages in 1471 subjects
OUR AFFILIATION BUTTON
Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.
AFFILIATES
Naruto RPG Saga

Mist and Rain: a multi-Final Fantasy RP
BANNER NAME

Obsidian Butterfly - An Anita Blake/Merry Gentry RPG
The Bleach Society Role-Play
button
Bleach: New Horizon
button
AffiliationsButton_zpsc4c52954.jpg

Alacritis - A Beginner to Advanced Wolf RPG
Deadly Crows: A Non Canon Fairy Tail RP

Prison Break RP
PLAGUED

THE FIRE IS COMING

last minutes & lost evenings

Bleach Platinum Hearts
Eternal Return
PKFN
Crossed Realms
Ungodly Hour
You're Undead To Me
THE KINGDOM OF NIGHTINGALE
THIS IS MY HELL

photobucket

the HAUTE Ton
starstruck

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons Beyond
Heaven's Night

How Did You...? (Sareph)

Go down

How Did You...? (Sareph) Empty How Did You...? (Sareph)

Post by Elijah Cross Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Elijah's Apartment
March 15th 2012
Washington D.C.
10:00 AM

All wound up. On the edge. Terrified Elijah stirred about in his bed as the radio on his alarm clock sprang to life, playing a song loud enough to get his attention, yet not wake him up completely. Sleep disturbed. Restless mind. Petrified. Once again, he found himself standing face to face with Lucifer. Why couldn't he stop thinking about their encounter? It was pathetic... Every time he closed his eyes and tried to sleep, he kept flashing back to that exact moment where everything slipped right from his control. Honestly, Elijah was never in control to begin with. Bouts of fear. Permeate All I see. He remembered staring into those cold blue eyes the Devil possessed when he suddenly lunged in Elijah's direction, pausing only inches from his face. The man's heart jumped in his chest, his skin grew cold and his pores began to leak a cold sweat. Heightening. Nervousness. Threatens me.

Elijah gripped the sheets of his bed tightly and flinched in his sleep, acting out the exact motion from when Lucifer grabbed him by the chin and forcefully turned his head as if examining a show animal. That's all he was to him. A toy to be played with, a fresh mind to be broken. Despite the human's best efforts to hide his fear and stand tall, he was still just a human. There was no resisting that kind of power, that kind of being. There was no hiding the fear. I am paralyzed. He grit his teeth and furrowed his brow as if fighting the urge to scream, So afraid to die.

The same man that had no qualm with ending three human lives was faced with a being that could easily rip his own life away. Caught off guard. Warning signs. Never show. Since that incident, Elijah couldn't stop looking over his shoulder every few seconds. He knew the being could be watching at any time, waiting for him to make a false step or slip up. Hell, when he tried to dismiss the encounter as a dream, Elijah managed to stumble his way into a fight for his own life. Within minutes he went from fighting, to losing, to predator, to prey. From there everything just continued to spin out of control. Tension strikes. Choking me. Worries grow.

Suddenly, everything snapped around again. The situation with him and Lucifer changed. Instead of being left alone, the devil called to the thrall of horrifying creatures that he previously silenced. There was no escape, nowhere to run or hide. There was no way to fight them all at once despite his powers or abilities. He was left alone, bloody and terrified. Left to be torn apart.

Just as the song playing broke into instrumentals with a loud crash, Elijah snapped out of his bed screaming the way he wanted to when placed in that hopeless situation. He jerked his head around, searching for a way out, a place to run, "Fuck..." He breathed, gasping for air as the lyric started up again Why do I feel so numb Elijah ran a hand through his hair and slammed the 'off' button. Of all the fucking songs to play, why did it have to be that one? He already had enough trouble dealing with the damn situation. There was a reminder every fucking turn. Eventually this was going to drive him insane, "A stifling surge shooting through all my veins..."  No, no! Stop thinking about it. Stop thinking about it.

Elijah swing his legs over the side and sat his feet against the cold wooden flooring. It was a time like this when he wished for a warm carpet to step on. Then again, the wood looked much better than any carpet could. Easier to clean, too. With a grunt he rose to his feet and extended his limbs, stretching them out before running his hands through his dark hair once again, "What the hell is up with me? Why did I have to deal with some crazy shit like that?"  There was no real answer to that question yet. Hopefully it would come soon enough.
Elijah Cross
Elijah Cross
THE "ANGEL"

Case File
Power Level: 2
Character Faction: Freelance
Player: Hunter

Back to top Go down